[HamWAN PSDR] Dish questions

Ric Merry ricmerry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 08:23:39 PDT 2019

I pulled the trigger and ordered the MikroTik mANT30 parabolic dish antenna
(5GHz 30dBi MTAD-5G-30D3) from Amazon which arrived yesterday and the 5GHz
BaseBox5 (RB912UAG5HPnDOT) from Streakwave to assure I got the
international version, something I was not comfortable with via Amazon.

Although I had originally intended to, I did not buy the dish with the
precision alignment mount nor did I get the sleeve kit.

*Should send the dish back and get the one with the precision mount?*

*How about the sleeve kit?*

I’m still not sure where I’ll mount the dish, I have an available location
on the roof ridge but there are already 3 other antennas on that ridge.

I’ve considered mounting under the eaves but mine are very deep and I can’t
envision myself hanging over the edge 2 stories up tweaking on alignment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ric Merry

K7iTE

Mount Vernon