[HamWAN PSDR] Possibility of tower usage for nonprofit WISP?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Sep 11 07:34:57 PDT 2019

On 9/10/19 11:10 PM, Pavel Kirkovsky via PSDR wrote:
> I've been considering purchasing a home in the Toledo/Chehalis area. I see
> that Toledo has fiber but Boistfort/Ceres/Meskill/surrounding areas have
> very poor internet service coverage.

If service is available you should have it as part of your contract that you
will pay to install and test service from the provider before closing, and
should it not be able to be installed you can cancel the contract.  Most ISP's
have no idea if their service is truly available in your location until the
installer shows up.

I've seen multiple people buy homes now and have this happen.  Many were told
that PON/fiber was on their street and sold it by the provider, only to find
out that's not the case.  These people now are stuck in a home which has no
option for internet service other than dialup.  Even if your entire
subdivision has it, there is no guarantee that the service can be provisioned
until it is.

This is simply devastating to buy a home where you've been told gigabit PON is
59.99 and find out 2 months after closing there is nothing other than bonded
ISDN/IDSL for 250/ or DS1 service for 1500/month.  One of my coworkers
commutes 10 miles to a starbucks for conference calls for this reason.

Good luck!
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice