[HamWAN PSDR] Possibility of tower usage for nonprofit WISP?

Pavel Kirkovsky pavel at kirkovsky.com
Fri Sep 13 22:07:54 PDT 2019

Several helpful replies so far but still no clarification on who manages the BawFaw tower and whether it's possible to use it for this. Any suggestions on who to ask next?

~~
Thanks, Steve! That sounds like a great resource and I'll see if I can get over there.

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 1:36 PM, Steve Stroh <steve.stroh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pavel:
>
> If you’re seriously considering starting a WISP, you should attend this event next month:
>
> http://www.wispa.org/Events/WISPAPALOOZA-2019-Summary <http://www.wispa.org/Events/WISPAPALOOZA-2019-Summary>
> It’s a crash course in all things WISP. Including starting your own fiber network.
>
> Steve N8GNJ

That's the unfortunate part — there's no ISP coverage and LTE service is spotty (T-Mobile says the tower is congested and the signal to the house is so spotty they can't actually consider it as having service).

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 11:42 AM, KUN LIN <dnwk at linkun.info> wrote:
>
> Have you tried running home internet on some unlimited LTE plans? I have no trouble running my home internet this way. However, I don't know if you get good cell coverage at home.
> Kun

-Pavel
KG7LZB