[HamWAN PSDR] Grants

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Jun 16 15:46:00 PDT 2020

I was really hoping this drama wouldn't be brought into PSDR, but it
seems John has forced my hand in needing to address this.  Also, since
I'm presently running for HamWAN Board, I should make my views on this
clear.  Cast your votes accordingly.

AMPR (really: ARDC, Inc.) has stolen hundreds of millions of dollars
from the global amateur radio community and now they're attempting to
legitimize their crime by appearing charitable.  I will not support
touching this dirty money, and encourage others to stay as far away from
it as modern protesters stay away from conveniently-placed piles of bricks:

It's all bait to literally buy cover for their theft.

 From a pragmatic standpoint, nobody will prosecute them, because
between ARDC's hundreds of millions and Amazon's legal team combined,
you'll never win.  And over time, people will be weak, and eat from
their hand, and eventually forget about it.  However, money has never
been a limiting factor for HamWAN, and I'd rather sleep well at night
than corrupt HamWAN by participating in this debacle.

Given my lovely email here, it's entirely possible ARDC will now
retaliate by rescinding our currently allocated address space.  John is
our local coordinator who would be in charge of these decisions. We
should probably make contingency plans to continue the network without
ARDC's involvement.

--Bart