[HamWAN PSDR] Recommended settings for IP video on HamWAN

John C. Miller kx7jm at jmit.com
Mon May 4 11:32:02 PDT 2020

Burt, I would be very interested to hear how your testing goes.  I can see a lot of application especially these days for this sort of application.

How is the jitter on your HamWAN connection?  While your 1 to 3 mbps may be fast enough to support what you are doing, a lot of jitter can make the user experience less than ideal.

Incidentally, I believe that most RTSP implementations do not themselves do the data transport, but typically rely on the lower level protocols such as RTP (Realtime Transport Protocol) to do the data streaming.  There is also a  "secure" version of RTP called SRTP, which implements encryption and authentication.  It may take some investigating to see if your setup uses a secure (encrypted) transport or not.

Thanks - John KX7JM

---- On Sat, 02 May 2020 22:37:29 -0700 Tom Hayward <mailto:tom at tomh.us> wrote ----

We built HamWAN to be used. I don't think this application will cause any problems. If it does, we can always optimize later.

Tom KD7LXL