[HamWAN PSDR] Recommended settings for IP video on HamWAN

Nick Kartsioukas nick at explodinglemur.org
Mon May 4 15:22:08 PDT 2020

Use h.264 (better compression than MJPEG) and play with framerate and bitrate to see where you get the best usable quality.  Lower FPS for the same bitrate will result in better detail per frame, but sacrifice smoothness.  You can drop to 20fps easily without noticing much.
As for CBR vs VBR, take a look at https://ipvm.com/reports/vbr-vs-cbr-surveillance-streaming