[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN Roll Call

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Sep 23 12:03:34 PDT 2020

On 9/23/20 2:58 PM, Steve - WA7PTM wrote:
> Thanks all, I'm collecting/updating information as the emails come in.
>
> Since AREDN was brought up, the question that comes to mind is ... Does
> a blended HamWAN (links) and AREDN (sectors and clients) system make
> sense?  One would then have a scalable WAN with and easy-to-use mesh.
> If someone didn't have a direct shot at a mountain top, they might still
> be able to connect into the network via a neighbor.

https://youtu.be/7mAFP_c0B6g?t=1609

Look at the end of that, they struggle to get it talking across the table
there due to 2.4 GHz interference.

HamWAN can feed ARDEN/Mesh, but it's all through a single access point/NAT
gateway.  From HamWAN's perspective it's just another client user.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net