[HamWAN PSDR] EMcom vehicle setup

Kyle Burgess kd7iyt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:17:46 PDT 2021

Hi Jason,

I might be able to assist you with some ideas on the mobile emcomm side of
things.  I built a similar rig on an ambulance chassis to volunteer its use
with my local communities.  There are lots of options available to you,
depending on how extreme you want to go with it.  I opted for cellular
service as the primary means for Internet connectivity, with HamWAN as an
alternative path for VoIP, RoIP, Winlink, etc.  There are also other
solutions for bringing outside WiFi into the rig as another point of
connectivity.

I've had a lot of people ask about the equipment I used, which lead me to
build a website so people can reference the build-out process.  It's still
a work in progress, but most of the information is there, which should give
you some foundational ideas for your rig.

https://www.kismetcomm.info/

Feel free to reach out to me off-list if you want to dive deeper into any
of the details.

Regards,

Kyle Burgess
KD7IYT