[HamWAN PSDR] BLYN connection

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Mon Jan 11 13:14:49 PST 2021

On Monday, January 11, 2021 9:48:05 AM PST Bart Kus wrote:
> Ken,
>
> I can also confirm our internal monitoring systems did indicate the
> outage taking place.  One day we'll grow the capability to root-cause it
> when it's happening.  More engineering required.
>
> --Bart
>
> On 1/11/2021 9:44 AM, Kenny Richards wrote:
> > Blyn is connected via two PtP links, one to SnoDEM in Everett and the
> > other is to the Triangle site on Vancouver Island. I just looked and
> > the preferred route at the moment to the internet is via Bart's
> > internet tunnel, to Haystack, to SnoDEM and terminating at Blyn.
> >
> > Not having the site on the main sites map and in the monitoring graphs
> > is my fault. I signed up to add it at the end of the summer and just
> > haven't had the cycles to get to it with other projects and life.
> >
> > Kenny

Thanks for the prompt responses.

As I said, I'm not overly concerned when that kind of thing happens since the repeater just
goes about it's merry way just without the link to all the others.   However I do like to try to
figure out where the issue really is.

And I completely get the difficulty in determining root cause.  That's why I have as much data
gathered on the repeaters as I can.

Thanks again,
Ken

--