[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN 2023 projects list (update): off-list input requested

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Fri May 26 14:07:36 PDT 2023

Greetings all,

My apologies for this being long overdue, but I finally forced myself to
start putting all of this together.

Below are the projects I have from the input I requested a couple months
ago.  Please look it over and let me know the following:

1)      If there are additional projects that need to be added to the list

2)      Updates to projects already on the list

3)      If you are able/interested to help with any given project (please
indicate if you can do tower climbing or ground crew)

PLEASE RESPOND OFF-LIST TO rob at nr3o.com  (this will help minimize list
traffic)

Input will be added and the 2023 Worklist re-sent and updated as needed.
Thank you all for your time and continued support of HamWAN!

2023 HamWAN Projects list

1)      Haystack repairs / recovery

a.       R1

b.      AF11 replacement

2)      Baldi upgrades

a.       Replacement sectors / hardware to upgrade to dual band

b.      Replacement NetMetal / Dish to replace Beacon.Baldi PtP,

c.       Re-IP the three sectors and move off the 44.24.240.x subnet

3)      Lookout repairs

a.       SnoDEM PtP offline / cable fault

b.      S2 cycling

c.       Check site wiring/POE/hardware (entire site cycles up/down)

d.      Verify OSPF

e.      Rob S to coordinate with Rob C for evaluation visit

4)      Indianola Installation

a.       Most is done

b.      what else remains for this?

5)      Providence Node install

a.       Rob S needs to consolidate site visit notes and get installation
locations approved by Prov

b.      Determine uplink locations and implement PtPs at those locations

6)      User services

a.       ADS-B, UAT978, and AIS receive stations?

7)      Swedish SnoCo facilities

a.       client sites only / facilities not helpful  for expanding coverage
(infrastructure)

8)      Camano Island (east) site? - Could link to Prov and provide coverage
to Warm Beach/Stanwood/other areas (need to eval, depends on Prov)

9)      East Tiger rework (Kenny w/Rob S)

a.       60Ghz gear to connect PSRRG and Silke buildings

b.      Replace failed camera

c.       Rework site IP addressing as necessary

10)   BawFaw

a.       re-establish link into Puget Sound (KO?)

b.      Chehalis <-> BawFaw? (Dale Skylingstad / Doug?)

11)   Portland Sector

a.       We have a sector that can be linked in down there via the Oregon
HamWAN initiative.  Due to difficulties implementing HamWAN they have
switched to AREDN but have a sector available for us to implement per the
orginal ARDC grant.

b.      Need to ID NetOps resource to take this on and configure tunnel and
Sector

12)   Buck Mountain

a.       LOS maintenance

b.      Re-allocate/re-use Gold.Buck PtP to new uplink site

c.       Determine new uplink location and install additional PtP to connect
to Buck (if needed)