[HamWAN PSDR] Upcoming system maintenance (ER1 Replacement)

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Mon Feb 26 18:57:39 PST 2024

Starting tomorrow around 10am, we will be attempting a major upgrade of the
HamWAN network, replacing the existing edge router (ER1.seattle.hamwan.net)
with a new implementation.  There will likely be some network disruption,
though we have taken steps to try and minimize this.

The new router is built on RouterOS 7 and replaces 5 year old software on
the existing router. Preparation for this has involved moving
several tunnel connections to our new tunnel server (R2.westin.hamwan.net).

I will be following up to this email with status tomorrow.  During the
maintenance I will be available on our IRC channel (#hamwan on libera.chat)
or Google chat (dpk at randomnotes.org).

-Doug-, KD7DK
HamWAN Netops