[HamWAN PSDR] North Dakota HamWan questions

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Wed Aug 28 14:56:06 PDT 2019

Jason,

The short version is yes – the RB2011 is a good place to start to get familiar with the Mikrotik equipment.

That said, the RB2011 is only one small part of the puzzle.  What are you looking to start with and what are your goals?  Do you have a network size/purpose in mind that would give you a starting guess on how much of an AMPRNet allocation you would want/need?

If you are just looking to get a small address allocation for personal “hammy” use, you can easily do that with an RB2011.  If you are looking to setup a larger geographical area for repeater support, EMCOMM, or other networking use, the scope and allocation needs would be larger.

Give us a little more info on the overall picture and we can likely be of better help.

Cheers,

Rob