[HamWAN PSDR] setting a Dynadish 5 as a dhcp client on wlan1 fails

Steve - WA7PTM psdr-list at aberle.net
Wed Feb 13 12:00:00 PST 2019

Is anyone maintaining the
https://www.hamwan.org/Standards/Network%20Engineering/Client%20Node%20Configuration.html
web page?

The reasons I ask are:

• Step 1 will not work as listed as the command is wrong (should be
"/system package update install" in RouterOS v6.43.12) and if some
preliminary steps are not taken (moving the default network to one
connected to the Internet with a "/ip address add address=a.b.c.d/xx
interface=ether1" command and establishing a default gateway with a "/ip
route add gateway a.b.c.gw" command), then the update will fail.

• Step 21 on a Dynadish5 results in a "failure: incompatible band and
channel-width" message unless "channel-width=5mhz" is added to the command.

• Step 22 on a Dynadish5 results in a "failure: can not run on slave
interface" message.

This last one has me stumped, and I have been unable to determine a
workaround.  Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem?

Thanks,
Steve