[HamWAN PSDR] 1/2" Outdoor UV Protected CAT 5e

kd2iua.ham kd2iua.ham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 12:32:22 PDT 2019

Is there a cat5e cable that includes a thick enough grounding conductor
to handle faults? I've had to run thick ground wire next to it because
lightning keeps jumping up between grounding points running up the side
of hills and burning out the thin shields and I was thinking a thick
coaxial-shield/armored direct burial cat5e cable (although expensive)
would make thing easier vs running cable and grounds separately in conduit.

Just a thought,

Robert (kd2iua)