[HamWAN PSDR] FCC Rules

Jonathan Dorminy 3.14dorminy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:24:56 PST 2022

I am trying to experiment with making a link on the 10 GHz band, the
problem is that I think I am trying to do something prohibited by Part 97.
On the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, pulse emissions are allowed, however, they are
prohibited on the 10 GHz band, the band I want to use. My question is, is
the OFDM modulation used in 802.11n considered pulse, or spread spectrum by
the FCC?

I have done extensive searching online and I have found conflicting
answers. If you can answer this question, I would greatly appreciate it.

73, Jonny Dorminy/KN4LGM