[HamWAN PSDR] FCC Rules

John Cornelison john at VashonSoftware.com
Fri Dec 16 21:45:34 PST 2022

An (expert) friend replies:

“Pulse means radar or one of the pulse modulations: width, position, or amplitude.

802.11n modulations are not pulse modulation.

The 802.11n OFDM and OFDM DSSS modulations have an emission code of M if I am reading the table correctly. https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/index.php/Emission_Designator. Part 97.305(8) does not list M as an allowed type of data emission on the 3 cm band.

But the Part 97.305 table does list SS as allowed so I think the OFDM DSSS variation of 802.11n would be okay, within tge constraints of 97.311.

That's my read on it. The AREDN or HamWAN guys would know more.” - noax

*	John/KE7KDQ