[HamWAN PSDR] Intercept a HamWAN Station

Jerry N7YGE n7yge at hctc.com
Mon Apr 17 13:23:50 PDT 2023

Hello,

I have a concept I want to try to see if I can intercept a Hamwan signal using my Hamwan dish connected to my notebook in my truck.  I built a Hamwan dish system that attaches to the trailer hitch of my truck that can remotely scan the sky in a xyz position searching for a Hamwan signal (Yes line of sight).  I planned on trying this before the Hamwan was removed from Green/Gold Mountain and I never got to try it.

Since I am driving in the dark to try this with zero experience, I would like to see if someone would be kind enough to answer the below questions?

1.       What software do I need to install on my notebook for doing the search for a Hamwan station and to receive a Hamwan transmission?

2.       Can you provide a screen shot of what I would see when I receive a Hamwan transmission?

3.       For me to transmit to a Hamwan station do I need to use some code or special transmission script?

4.       How often does a Hamwan station transmit or can I ping the Hamwan station as the dish moves to get aligned?

Thank you for any help.

Jerry N7YGE